ISG reaffirms commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
The British Armed Forces uphold a responsibility to protect us, sacrificing freedoms, facing danger and, sometimes, serious injury or death. They deserve respect, support and fair treatment. The Armed Forces Covenant encourages employers to support defence and inspire others, with bronze, silver and gold awards for organisations that can demonstrate their support.
ISG has been awarded the bronze award, demonstrating company policies focused around:
- encouraging our people to join the reserve forces, recognising the benefits to personal and professional development, with volunteering opportunities to help give something back
- actively promoting the employment of reserve forces, armed forces veterans (including the wounded, injured and sick), cadet instructors and military spouses / partners
- additional benefits as part of ISG’s More for you employee benefits package
- the opportunity to provide training and employment for ex-military offenders
- internal networking and mentoring opportunities for our armed forces community
- ensuring transferable skills on military CVs are better understood by hiring managers.
We have now formed a team of armed forces champions and will be looking to extend this network. Major-General Seumas Kerr CBE, is our strategic advisor for defence, with over 35 years of experience in business and the British Army, and he is working with ISG’s defence sector lead, Scott Clark, and our team of champions.