24 March 2020
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our people, our customers, supply chain partners and the people in the communities where we work. We are in unprecedented times and I have decided to take decisive action to help ensure people are protected against Covid-19.
Government advice continues to shift in the countries where we operate. What we know is that social distancing is absolutely key to safety – when travelling to site, entering and leaving site and also within sites themselves.
Looking at the global picture, I’ve decided that it is time for ISG to act ahead of government advice.
In line with this, by close of play today we will:
- suspend activity across sites which cannot meet an enhanced risk profile test
- inform affected sites of our decision and arrange for temporary site closure where required
- work on plans to ensure that suspended sites have an action plan to be able to safely re-open
- contact clients to inform them of our decision
- work with the supply chain to ensure it has clarity on our position, the effect it has on work and initiate planning for future re-opening
We must act now and do so decisively to protect the welfare of people across the industry. I believe that by taking this decisive action we will keep our people, customers, supply chain and the general public safe. Nothing is more important.